Aggressive, Experienced, Reliable Criminal Defense Lawyer
Can your criminal case be DISMISSED? Call 888-2DISMISS (888-234-7647) now for a free consultation with a lawyer who has over 20 years of experience and is a former felony prosecutor.
If you’re accused of a crime, you need a relentless lawyer who will fight for you. Our firm’s goal is to provide exceptional, personal service and make every effort to get your criminal case dismissed or reduced.
Makris Law Firm can assist you with all felony and misdemeanor cases including drugs, DWI/DUI, assault/family violence, theft, weapons, probation violations and many more in the greater Houston/Harris County and Fort Bend County areas. No lawyer should ever promise you a dismissal, but we promise we’ll fight hard for you, to get the results you deserve.
Find a Lawyer Who Believes In You
We believe in our clients. People often forget that we’re all presumed legally innocent unless proven guilty in court.
Thanks to the new Michael Morton Act, which gives your lawyer access to all of the police evidence, an experienced criminal defense attorney can thoroughly examine and suppress bad evidence, which often leads to a dismissal or reduction.
The courthouse was built to preserve your rights, not pressure you into making deals. Good people sometimes find themselves in bad situations. A defense lawyer’s job is not to judge or fault you.
If the police want to speak to you about a crime that you think may involve you, DO NOT talk to them without consulting an experienced lawyer first. You have the right to talk to a lawyer, so take advantage of that right.
A Criminal Defense Attorney for Multiple Kinds of Cases
You can get help dealing with many kinds of criminal charges from a Houston criminal defense attorney at Makris Law Firm, including:
- Felony Charges: Felony cases can lead to hard time, but even if they don’t result in incarceration they can stay on your record the rest of your life, negatively impacting where you can live and work, your firearm rights, severity of future criminal charges and even your credibility in other legal matters, including divorce and child custody. Our goal is to have felony cases dismissed or reduced to misdemeanors.
- Assault and Domestic Violence: A domestic assault or family violence charge in Texas can be especially problematic. This is considered to be a “crime of moral turpitude,” so it can negatively impact where you can live and work, firearm rights, and your credibility in other legal matters. It may not be possible to get this type of charge off your record, as you would other types of charges. Nowadays in Texas, the criminal justice system is particularly tough on domestic violence cases. A call for help on a domestic disturbance very often results in an arrest, even when there are no visible injuries and no one asking for the accused to be arrested. Our goal is to get domestic violence cases dismissed or resolved in a way that will keep you out of jail—and keep the charge off of your permanent record.
- DWI, DUI and Drug Cases: Cases involving driving while intoxicated and drug charges resulting from marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines and prescription drugs such as Codeine, Xanax and Soma can often result in driving and professional license suspensions, ignition interlock devices, random urine tests and other work and lifestyle consequences. Many of these types of cases are felonies which can stay on your record. There are many ways that an experienced criminal defense lawyer can help prevent the damage that these types of case can do to your future and your reputation.
- Theft Cases: Theft or shoplifting charges can originate from misunderstandings, innocent absentmindedness, extreme financial hardship and even undiagnosed medical conditions. Each new theft charge can be “enhanced” by a prior theft conviction, which means it can come with higher jail time than the one before. This is one reason theft charges should be taken seriously and fought aggressively. Our goal is to get theft cases dismissed or reduced.
Makris Law Firm can also help with many other kinds of cases, including weapons charges, parole violations, sexual assault, public intoxication, hit and run, driving on a suspended license, possession of drug paraphernalia, white collar crimes, expungement and more.
Does My Criminal Defense Attorney Get Results?
Below is a partial list of actual cases handled by Attorney Michael Makris that have resulted in dismissal, or no charges. Being accused or arrested DOES NOT mean you’re guilty. In fact, many criminal accusations can be thrown of court, if defended aggressively. We can’t promise dismissal, but we can promise to fight for you.
- DISMISSED: Assault family violence – Case # C1CR15218375
- DISMISSED: DWI – Case # 17201646
- DISMISSED: Felony theft (reduced to misdemeanor then dismissed) – Case#M33059
- DISMISSED: DWI – Case # 172034
- DISMISSED: Telephone harassment – Case # 16061961
- DISMISSED: Assault family violence – Case # 163071CR
- DISMISSED: Theft – Case # C1CR16160013
- DISMISSED: Drug possession – Case # 16009371
- DISMISSED: Drug possession – Case # 16010081
- DISMISSED: Assault family violence (felony) – Case # 07206779
- DISMISSED: Unauthorized duplication (felony) – Case # 6900285
- DISMISSED: Fraudulent use of identifying information (Felony) – Case #6100542
- DISMISSED: Parole revocation (for new felony charge)
- DISMISSED: Public intoxication – Case #61779
- DISMISSED: Possession of drug paraphernalia – Case # 2CR0712704
- DISMISSED: Theft – Case # 050598-3
- DISMISSED: Driving while license suspended – Case # 691049
- NO CHARGES FILED: Employee theft investigation – Case #0670154
- NO CHARGES FILED: Sexual assault investigation – Austin PD Sex Crimes Unit
- NO CHARGES FILED: Hit and run investigation – Williamson County SO
- NO CHARGES FILED: Attempted sexual assault investigation – Taylor PD
- NO CHARGES FILED: Assault/strangulation (felony) investigation – Caldwell County SO
An experienced defense lawyer can fight to resolve your case with the least possible harm to your record and your life.
Principal office Houston, Texas. This web site has been prepared for general information purposes only and accuracy is not guaranteed. The information on this web site is not legal advice. Legal advice involves the application of legal knowledge and skills by a licensed attorney to your specific circumstances. Also, laws vary from state to state, so some information on this web site may not be correct for where you live. Laws also change frequently so the information contained in this web site is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of an attorney. Although attorneys owe a duty to zealously represent their client and to try their best to obtain certain results, no guarantee can be made about the results of any particular case. The use of the words Dismiss, reduce, acquit, 888-2DISMISS or 2DISMISS.COM within this site should in no way suggest that the dismissal or reduction of all criminal cases is promised or guaranteed because the facts of each case are unique. This law firm and the attorneys involved cannot guarantee the complete the privacy of any confidential information transmitted by email due to the remote possibility of unauthorized hacking or government surveillance. Anyone choosing to send electronic information to email addresses found on this site assumes the risk of 3rd party intrusion. Attorneys none the less hold confidential information in the strictest secrecy, to the best of their ability.