Get the Compensation You Need To Keep Going
You never expected to be in this position. You’re out of work, and not because you want to be. Your health has made holding a job impossible.
The bills keep coming, though. You’re stressed. It can be hard to imagine a way out.
This is why Social Security Disability benefits are a lifesaver. The monthly checks give you financial stability and peace of mind while you focus on feeling your best.
Getting the benefits in the first place, however, is tough.
If you’re in Texas and feel confused about how to apply for disability income, call the experienced attorneys at the Makris Law Firm today. We’ve been helping our fellow Texans get the compensation they deserve for more than 40 years.
From your first case evaluation—which you can get from us for free—to finishing all the details of your application, we’re here for you every step of the way.
We know the system as well as anyone, and we’ll make sure your case is as strong as possible.
What You Need on Your Social Security Disability Application
Filing your application can be daunting. Did I understand all the questions correctly? Did I include enough documents—or the right ones?
When your financial security is on the line, every word can carry immense pressure.
At the Makris Law Firm, we help you gather the correct documents and make sure you have enough evidence to support your claim.
Often, we find that people who need disability benefits—and even their doctors—don’t know what it takes to meet the strict definition of disability that the Social Security Administration (SSA) uses:
- Your condition makes it impossible to work.
- You can’t transition to a different line of work.
- Your condition will last a year or more.
Your application must be complete, accurate and timely. You need to include medical reports, doctor testimonials, interviews with friends, family, co-workers and more.
When you aren’t feeling your best, the process feels overwhelming.
If you’re in Texas and need help applying for Social Security Disability benefits, contact us now.
Let us help you get the peace of mind you need.
The Social Security Disability Process in Texas
In Texas, and across the country, most applicants for disability benefits are denied on their first try.
That doesn’t mean you should lose hope.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of the path to benefits:
- First application: If you can wholly prove you have a qualified disability, you should win benefits. But getting there isn’t simple.
- Reconsideration: If your first claim is rejected, you can ask the Social Security Administration to look at your claim again.
- Administrative law judge (ALJ) hearing: If your reconsideration is denied, you can request a hearing with a judge, where you can present your case in person for the first time.
- Federal court review: If your case is again denied, you can sue the SSA in federal court for your benefits.
At the Makris Law Firm, we can help you at every point in this scary, long and confusing process.
When you have bills to pay and don’t know when your next check is coming, get the added comfort of knowing you’ve got someone by your side. We’ll fight to make sure you get the benefits you need to live your life.